Are you in trouble? Because you are a new user of Linux and unable to understand what to do and how to do. Especially if you have no experience other than PC windows.
Linux is a little bit complex than others. But you have no need to worry. I am going to discuss Linux distros. This will release your tension.
The bottom line is:
In the modern era of technology Linux is a special gift for us. It has changed the whole pattern of technology. But it was not the same like as in nowadays. People who are familiar with the technology they love Linux from the core of their heart.
You might be thinking!
What are Linux distros? Linux distribution (distros) is basically an operating system made by the collection of various software’s. And the base of the operating system is “Linux kernel& package management system”. For the purpose of obtaining an operating system of Linux, you have to download any of the Linux distros.
Listen to the family of the operating system for Linux is UNIX. For making distributions “distros” many of the developers used it. There are various types of Linux distros. Because distros are the basic requirement to run Linux on your system. That’s why I consider it very important to discuss best Linux distros for beginner 2019.
Best Distros for Linux 2019
1). Ubuntu Mate
Ubuntu Mate is best Linux distro for a laptop. Its operating system based on the Generation 2 desktop environment. Due to having simple, easy and eye-catching interface it makes the things plainer for you. Ubuntu mate is a heavy member of Ubuntu distro family. Therefore it is useful for all Ubuntu official libraries and storehouse.
- Work efficiently on the latest computers, old units, and one board computers.
- Modify the latest laptops into more advanced category.
- Enable the old PC to run efficiently.
- Facilitates by providing desktop applications like “utility software, backup manager and play videos.
- Best for beginners because its interface looks like windows.
- You can change the interface according to your choice.
- Pentium M 1.0 GHz.
- 1 GB random access memory (RAM).
- Hard disk space available will be 9 GB.
- Bootable DVD Rom.
- Video adopter with high resolution.
- Hand free.
Note: These all are the minimum requirements that I have mentioned.
If you want a recommendation from me then I will suggest:
- Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz.
- 2 GB Ram.
- 16 GB available space on the hard drive.
- Other requirements are the same as above.
2). Linux Mint
Linux Mint is best Linux distro 2019. It based on “Ubuntu distro” which is user-friendly. The main edge of Linux Mint is that it is excellent for both advanced and new users. A basic theme of the distro is “From freedom came elegance”. Give it a try. I am sure you are going to enjoy it.
- Linux Mint is also useful for Ubuntu software collection.
- Have full protocol like browser plugin, media codecs, DVD players, Java and many more.
- The wide range of choices like Cinnamon, GNOME, KDE, MATE, and Xfce. You can use according to your wish.
- The installation procedure is very easy which is favorable for newcomers.
- If you love MAC operating system then Linux Mint Cinnamon desktop is best for you.
Requirements for system
- If you have 1 GB RAM then you will be more relaxed.
- 20 GB hard drive memory.
- A graphics card which can resolute 800×600 minimum.
- USB port.
3). Arch Linux
Arch Linux is not a traditional operating system. It is based on Linux Kernel special package “Pacman”. There is no graphics interface in the OS of this distro. User is free to choose any of their desired application without any dark software. This the main reason it is known by “most personalize OS”.
- Storage house of software’s contain up-to dated software’s.
- Easy to find any crash.
- Automatic support.
No need to maintain software. It also has a Built-in system to control reliance issues.
- Not suitable for new users because it is difficult to install.
Ubuntu is among the best ever Linux distro. An operating system of Ubuntu is based on “Debian” which is suitable for beginners. Ubuntu is trending nowadays. Heavy edge of this distro is that it has software’s collection which is actually synchronized with Debian. Due to this, you are able to get the latest versions.
- More accurate and safe operating
- A wide collection of a desktop environment “Gnome, Unity, KDE, MATE etc.
- Other Linux distro like Linux Mint, Elementary OS and Kubuntu are also based on the Debian. So you may consider Ubuntu their founder.
- Trail of all wonderful features is possible before complete installation of Ubuntu.
- Excellent for starters who never been on Linux.
- Users who want advance setup it is also best for them.
- Having an amazing feature like “unity” is the best part of Ubuntu.
- New release in very short duration.
- Heavy long tail support.
- 700 MHz processor.
- 512 MiB Ram.
- 5 GB space is available in the hard drive.
- High video resolution minimum 1024×768.
- CD/DVD room for installation.
5). Elementary OS
Elementary OS is at No#1 among the Linux distro list. Most probably its OS looks like Windows OS and MAC operating system. Elementary OS announce its self “a fast and open replacement for Windows and MAC OS” on the official web page. An operating system is based on Ubuntu LTS. And the desktop environment is “Phantom”.
- User-friendly interface.
- Huge collection of wallpapers.
- The main edge of this distro is its provision of support to multi-desktop.
- Run very smoothly due to Ubuntu LTS.
- Updating on the regular basis.
7). Tiny Core
Tiny Core is the best Linux distro for old computers. You can say that is among the lightest weight Linux distros. Initially, it was not famous but now a day’s Tiny core has become a heavy project.
- Ideal for old computers.
- It boots your device in a very short duration of time.
- Three versions “core, tiny core and core Plus are available.
- Other than already installed software’s you can install more.
- Only a few software’s applications are installed.
- An interface is a minimum.
8). Steam OS
Do have craze to play games? Are you searching for Linus distro best for gaming? If yes then non-other can be best than Steam OS. Steam OS is developed by Valve. Its operating system also Debian based. In steam OS there is pre-installed Steam but when you feel bored it is possible to the active desktop environment. In this way, you enjoy any of your activity like playing games on the Linux desktop property.
If you are a gamer then this will really joy you. Because the operating system has a wide collection of already installed software’s. These may be helpful for your gaming zone. Without any limitation you are free to run these programs to facilitate you during play. This is the main reason due to which I include this Linux distro in the category of best Linux distro for gaming.
- The user interface looks very natural.
- All necessary software’s have been installed.
- No need for installation of new programs to play a game.
- Provide support to heavy games which are almost not possible to play on windows.
- Offers you smoothly run software’s due to Debian based system.
- Effective support to all kind of software’s include “controllers, graphics card etc”.
You can enjoy all these features for free. You don’t have any need to pay. As know there any many software’s for play games for which you have to pay. But it is totally free.
- Not efficient for old computers.
Requirements for system
- AMD graphics card.
- 250 GB hard drive
- 4 GB RAM.
- Intel 64-bit processor.
Note: all these are minimum requirements for you system to run this Linus Distro.
FAQ’S About Best Linux Distros for Beginner
Question 1: Which Linux distro is fastest?
Answer: There are a number of Linux distros which are very smart and lightweight. List of these distros is given below:
- AntiX Linux.
- Linux Lite.
- And many more.
Question 2: Name the best Linux Distro for video editing?
Answer: List of Linux distro best for video editing given below:
- Open shot.
- Light works.
Question 3: Which Linux distro is best for old laptops?
Answer: Linux distros which are best for old laptops are:
- Puppy Linux.
- Arch Linux.
- Peppermint Linux OS.
- Linux Mint.
Question 4: What are the best Linux distros for old computers?
Answer: There are many Linux distros that are best for old computers but I am highlighting a few of them.
Best distros old computers are:
- Bodhi Linux.
- Peppermint OS.
- Ubuntu MATE.
- Linux Lite.
Question 5: Which Linux distro is best for programming?
Answer: The best distros for programming are:
- Arch Linux.
- Manjaro Linux.
Question 6: Which Linux distribution is best for hacking?
Answer: Best Linux distro for hacking are:
- Black Arch.
- DEFT Linux.
- Pentoo Linux.
- Parrot Security OS.
- Kali Linux.
Question 7: Is Ubuntu effective for hacking?
Answer: To some extent, you can say yes. Best Linux distro that is mostly used for hacking is Kali Linux. But if you want to use Ubuntu then you have to install much more software’s to make it more effective.
Question 8: What are the 5 best Linux distros for the business desktop?
Answer: 5 best Linus distros for the business desktop are:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Linux Mint.
Question 9: What is the recommended Linux distro for the server?
Answer: These are:
- Oracle Linux.
- Debian Stable
Read More about: Best auto root tools, Best apps like uber, Best Compass Apps and best article about UC browser APK, APPVALLEY VIP APK APP, and Spotify premium APK and most interesting article Showbox Alternatives. I hope you enjoy reading.
Finally, I would like to say that Linus distros are really amazing. You can try according to your level of understanding. Give a try to any of these. I assure you that you are going to have great fun. Further, if you have any problem while operation Linux distro asks a question in the section given below. This will be an owner for me to listen from you.